Monday, January 9, 2017

An Illustrated Guide to Where I've Been For the Last Two Years

It's been over two years since I've posted here, and at least a year since I sent out my newsletter! I thought I'd write a little update for those who may wonder what the heck happened to me! 

In short, Aurelia Rose happened to me. She’s almost a year and a half old now, giving me lots of kisses, running around all over the place, and stealing all my stuff. Especially loves to steal pencils and paintbrushes if I get any ideas about making art in her presence. 


She still doesn't like to sleep without me for more than about 20 minutes at a time, so I haven't been painting much aside from a few large commissions I've chipped away at. (Including two identical 4'x4' paintings of this ostrich named Oscar):



I’ve missed painting, but to be honest, I needed the break anyway to get some perspective and decide where I want to go next with my art. I ultimately decided to give myself permission to do something completely different and wander outside the realm of "Fine Art", even if it meant starting from square one. It doesn't mean I won't ever wander back again, but for now I'm just going to do what gets me excited and makes me want to stay up late painting. Lately, it's been illustrations like this: 

 

I have lots of ideas of things I want to do over the next couple of years, but it may take me awhile to get to them, so I'm going to share that when I have something to show for myself. 

The next big change: my little family is moving from Los Angeles to Portland, Oregon in March to start a new adventure! My husband and I visited a few years ago and fell in love with the area, and I think it will be a great place to raise Aurelia and enjoy the city and gorgeous landscape.


So that's that, for now! 

Before we go, I will be doing an Everything Must Go online auction of my painting inventory, starting at incredibly low prices. (Think car dealership, so low we can't even mention it on the radio prices!) To make it even better, 25% of the proceeds will be donated to the non-profit Drug Free World. Auction goes live FEBRUARY 5th. I'll be posting all the paintings up as soon as I can get them all photographed. For now, save the date!
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment