Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Aaaaagggh!!

I've had "blogger's block" recently, so I thought I should title this blog with something that really expresses how I feel at this time. My inability to write a blog post lately has been due, Number One, to the fact that hardly anyone is actually reading this blog yet. For all this is accomplishing right now, I might as well walk into the kitchen pantry every few days and announce my thoughts on art to the canned vegetables and shredded wheat.

But alas, I will plug on. Why? I am not quite sure.

Today I wanted to do the thing I most enjoy, which is to spend money on art supplies. So without the inconvenience of removing my butt from the couch, I moseyed over to dickblick.com and ordered a set of pan pastels.


Besides just wanting more stuff, I bought them because I've decided to make some drawings. Up until now, most of the drawing I've done has been for the purpose of being a better painter, just practice and studies. Today I was struck with an interest to do some drawings that have no further purpose than to be completed works of art in themselves. I have no idea what they are going to look like... hopefully somewhat respectable. Stay tuned!

Here's a drawing done with pan pastels that I really liked, by Sydney McGinley.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Natalie,

    You write very well! I completely understand the frustration of trying to grow your readership. Since I started blogging a couple months ago, I have been following a few actions that have been getting me readership. Find and read other blogs on art and comment on their blogs, they will usually check out your blog as well. If you're doing Twitter & Facebook, announce your latest blog. Best of luck to you.

    Alan

    ReplyDelete