Thursday, September 9, 2010

Fame and fortune

The other day Joseph was being filmed for the Fall issue of the American Painting Video Magazine (www.americanpaintingvideomagazine.com = longest URL ever), and a few of us students were able to paint with him. I may have a .67 second cameo in there when it comes out, so make sure you get your virtual copy!


See me there, sitting on the right? I'm famous. Soon I won't be able to go out in public without hearing, "Can I get your autograph, Blurry Background Painter #4?"

I was really happy with my painting, think it has kind of a Sargent-y vibe. It came out a lot better than the recent stuff I've been painting in class. I don't know if this means I'm improving, or if it is because I was painting during the day, when I was awake. Class is in the evening, at the time of day when I am really tired and want to be vegging out on the couch in my pajamas. I like to think I can be a night person, but mostly I'm just a night person when I am sitting and eating things and don't have to exhibit any kind of skill.


Lynda, portrait study - 9"x12" - oil on canvas

Anyway, I really liked the model. Very pretty, and nice. I always enjoy painting more when I like the model's personality. I recognized her when she came in, as the subject of this is beautiful painting by Aaron Westerberg. He has some great work.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't see you in the fall trailer :(

    But Lydia is gorgeous!

    -lj

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the painting you did in class. Keep that up. I also love your writing style, you are so there and you make me want to be there too!

    ReplyDelete